Mobile has emerged as truly pervasive and affordable Information and Communication Technology (ICT) platform in the last decade. Mobile Communication and Network Technology post graduate program focuses on strong fundamentals and on developing hands-on skills pertaining to the latest and most popular platforms like Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile. Students will gain knowledge in wireless technologies, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, LTE, 4G, 5G and new future innovations. Students will be trained not only to use existing mobile platforms but also to build advanced and robust platform.
The students will learn the latest and popular subjects like Internet of Things, Advanced Computer Networks, RF and Antenna Designing, Embedded Technology, Wireless Sensor Networks, Advanced Digital Signal Processing etc.
Advanced elective courses in other allied domains such as information security and biometrics also will be included to prepare students for some of the future areas in mobile computing like possible security attacks, high speed mobile network security and defence mechanism in the mobile domain.
Career Opportunities in MCNT
Students are competent enough to analyze, synthesize, design & propose new mobile Communication architecture which may have good social impact in form of products in recent communication era. Students are also skilled enough to develop their carrier in companies like Vodafone, ISRO, Jio Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia, Siemens, Cisco etc.
This AICTE approved Post Graduate ME course of two years duration has an intake of 30 students per year and the admissions are done through ACPC, Gujarat on the basis of PGSET/GATE and the score at BE.
- To create a research environment for producing socially responsible and technically sound technocrats, innovators and entrepreneurs in the field of advanced wireless communication and networking.
- To develop state-of-art research facilities with well-equipped academic infrastructure
- To encourage faculty and students for research and consultancies
- To establish strong linkages with research organization, Institute of national importance and Industries of wireless communication and networking.
- To promote innovative practice in department to produce innovators and entrepreneurs
- To leverage International linkage of University to establish strong international outreach.
Program Educational Objectives
- Engage in the effective practice of communication and networking engineering to recognize and solve important tribulations in a diverse range of application areas.
- Involve in research with proficiency in core areas of advanced communication and networking related engineering so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analysis, design and technical concepts to create novel solutions for the real life problems.
- Occupy constructively in successful careers in industry, academia and attain positions of importance where they have an impact on their business, profession, and community service with ethics.
- Competent enough in any challenging and dynamic environment communicate effectively in variety of professional context and incorporate government societal and industrial need.
The Mobile Communication and Network Technology department has good infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories with qualified support staff supervised by well qualified, experienced and committed faculty members who are seasoned researchers.
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) Laboratory:
The Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) Lab hosts a state-of-the-art experimental academic and research facility for WSN. The test-bed facility is used for the prototyping and evaluation of developed protocol solutions and serves as a basis for the development of novel mobile context aware services and applications. The test-bed consists of wireless sensor and actuator nodes that can be organized in different network topologies and individually configured for various experiments and uses the backbone infrastructure of the Wireless Network Test-bed.
|Subject Code||Branch code||Eff_from||SubjectName||Category||Sem /Year||L.||T.||P.||Total||E||M||I||V||Total|
|3700001||60||2018-19||English for Research Paper Writing||Audit Course||1||2||0||0||0||50||0||0||0||50|
|3700005||60||2018-19||Constitution of India||Audit Course||1||2||0||0||0||50||0||0||0||50|
|3710001||60||2018-19||Research Methodology and IPR||MLC||1||1||0||2||2||0||0||20||80||100|
|3710508||60||2018-19||Wireless and Mobile Communication||Core II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3710509||60||2018-19||Optical Networks||Program Elective I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3710510||60||2018-19||Statistical Information Processing||Program Elective I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3710513||60||2018-19||Cognitive Radio||Program Elective II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3710514||60||2018-19||RF and Microwave Circuit Design||Program Elective II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3710515||60||2018-19||DSP Architecture||Program Elective II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3712701||60||2018-19||Advanced Communication Networks||Core I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3712707||60||2018-19||Antennas and Radiating Systems||Program Elective I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3700001||60||2018-19||English for Research Paper Writing||Audit Course||2||2||0||0||0||50||0||0||0||50|
|3700005||60||2018-19||Constitution of India||Audit Course||2||2||0||0||0||50||0||0||0||50|
|3720001||60||2018-19||Mini Project with Seminar||Core||2||0||0||4||2||0||0||100||0||100|
|3720506||60||2018-19||Satellite Communication||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3720514||60||2018-19||IOT and Applications||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3720515||60||2018-19||Software Defined Networks||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3720517||60||2018-19||Markov Chain and Queuing System||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3720518||60||2018-19||MIMO System||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3720519||60||2018-19||Embedded Wireless Technology||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3722711||60||2018-19||Wireless Sensor Networks||Core III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3722712||60||2018-19||Advanced Digital Signal Processing||Core IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3730002||60||2018-19||Internal Review 1||Internal Review 1||3||0||0||4||2||0||0||100||0||100|
|3730003||60||2018-19||Dissertation Phase I||Dissertation||3||0||0||16||8||0||0||0||100||100|
|3730005||60||2018-19||Business Analytics||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||3||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730007||60||2018-19||Operation Research||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||3||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730505||60||2018-19||High Performance Networks||Program Elective V||3||3||0||0||3||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730506||60||2018-19||Pattern Recognition and Machine learning||Program Elective V||3||3||0||0||3||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730507||60||2018-19||Remote Sensing||Program Elective V||3||3||0||0||3||70||30||0||0||100|
|3740001||60||2018-19||Internal Review - 2||Dissertation||4||0||0||4||2||0||0||100||0||100|
|3740002||60||2018-19||Dissertation Phase II||Dissertation||4||0||0||28||14||0||0||0||100||100|
Tokyo is the capital of Japan.