Gujarat Technological University is a premier academic and research institution which has driven new ways of thinking since its 2007 founding, established by the Government of Gujarat vide Gujarat Act No. 20 of 2007. Today, GTU is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to its campus, keeping GTU at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world. GTU is a State University with 486 affiliated colleges in its fold operating across the state of Gujarat through its FIVE zones at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Rajkot and Surat. The University caters to the fields of Engineering, Architecture, Management, Pharmacy and Computer Science. The University has about 4,00,000 students enrolled in a large number of Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate programs along with the robust Doctoral program. GTU has emerged as an International Innovative University in its pursuit of bringing innovation and internationalization in professional education. Within a really short span it has achieved several national accolades for its endeavour in bringing excellence in professional education. GTU is a pioneer in introducing some innovative learning methodology like “Active Learning”, a classroom created online. The GTU Innovation Council is the most active and applauded for its work in the country engaged in training, developing and nurturing the young minds towards an ideology to innovate. GTU has the largest International Experience Program in collaboration with the universities of US, Canada, China and Germany, which offer a unique opportunity to the students to enhance their capabilities and capacities in a global perspective. GTU’s Research Week, a unique concept, is an evaluation process of dissertations of Master’s and Doctoral Program students involving Experts from the Universities across the Globe. GTU’s Contributor Personality Development Program and the Bridge Course nurture the students with the essential life skills along with the technical knowledge to enable them develop as an individual and a successful professional in the competitive world. The Industrial Training and Placement Cell transforms a knowledge seeker into a sought after professional.
To be a global university for the creation and dissemination of knowledge and Innovation in Science & Technology, Humanities and Multidisciplinary domains for sustainable development and enrichment of human life.
1. To develop centres of academic excellence at university premises and at affiliated colleges in domains of science, engineering, technology,management, and environment for imparting comprehensive education, training, and research infrastructure as per the nation’s requirements.
2. To build resources,facilities, proficiencies and other related infrastructure of global standard for the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies in the various educational domains.
3. To develop research-oriented pedagogy for flourishing ideas and to nurture innovators, entrepreneurs and professionals of tomorrow.
4. To build and enhance collaborations with other academic, research, industry, and government organizations as well as NGOs across the globe so that education, training and research at university and its affiliated colleges become aligned with national and global level requirements.
5. To encourage multidisciplinary research and develop flexible learning ecosystem.