In early days, the computing systems were used only for solving computing problems. But looking at the reasoning capabilites of these systems, the problems relating to intelligent computing are also successfully solved. The artificially intelligent systems tend to do as many tasks as human can do with his natural intelligence. Many companies and organizations are applying the artificially intelligent systems into their products and processes. The application areas of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science are Healthcare, Education, Sports, Agriculture, Construction, Banking, Marketing, E-commerce and many more. The virtual assistants, robots, self driving vehicles are real examples of artificially intelligent system. India is always at the front when it comes to adopt emerging technologies. Many industries and organizations are hiring AI and data science experts to help them to get actionable insights from large volumenous data. As the data analytics sector is growing, there is increase in demand for highly-skilled professionals who knows the technical methods to get the insights from raw data.Career Prospects
After successful completion of this PG program, the aspirants have the opportunities to play a role such as Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Analyst, Statistician, Data Architect, Business Intelligence Developer, Enterprise Architect, Big Data Engineer in public/private sector.
As both these intersecting fileds (i.e.Artificial Intelligence and Data Science) have numerous scope for research, the aspirants may select research path and buid a bright career.
One can also explore the opportunities of enterprenureship as there are many funding options initiated by Government to promote the youth in these emerging technologies.
- An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
- An ability to write the present substantial technical report/documents.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.
Program Specific Outcomes
- To understand and analyse the various statistical methods, data visualization methods, expert systems, optimization algorithms to build AI based data driven models.
- Develop models in Data Science and Machine learning technologies using acquired AI knowledge and modern tools.
- Apply advanced knowledge of data science and AI algorithms to identify research challenges, and contribute individually or in a team to resolve societal real-time problems.
Program Educational Objectives
- To deliver the knowledge for developing intelligent sustainable systems as per need of society.
- To work in reputed industries, Government and Research organizations or as an entrepreneur to build career in the field of data science and Artificial intelligence.
- To able to manage the challenges in developing knowledge based systems through consistent learning, better responsibility, teamwork and an ethical code of conduct.
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) Laboratory
- Data Science Laboratory
|Subject code||Branch code||Subject Name||Category||Semester||L||T||P||Credit||E||M||I||V||Total Marks|
|3710001||95||Research Methodology and IPR||MLC||1||1||0||2||2||0||0||20||80||100|
|1719501||95||Artificial and Computational Intelligence||Core -I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719502||95||Foundations for Data Science||Core -II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719503||95||Bio-inspired Algorithms||Program Elective -I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719504||95||Statistics and Exploratory Data Analysis||Program Elective -I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719505||95||Advanced Data Structures||Program Elective -I||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719506||95||Real World Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||Program Elective -II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719507||95||Data Visualization and Interpretation||Program Elective -II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1719508||95||Graphs - Algorithms & Mining||Program Elective -II||1||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3700001||95||English for Research Paper Writing||Audit Course||2||2||0||0||0||50||0||0||0||50|
|3720001||95||Mini Project with Seminar||Core||2||0||0||4||2||0||0||100||0||100|
|1729501||95||Deep Learning||Core III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729502||95||Big Data Systems and Analytics||Core IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729503||95||Explainable Artificial Intelligence||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729504||95||Blockchain Technology||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729505||95||Natural Language Processing||Program Elective III||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729506||95||IoT & Embedded Systems||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729507||95||Software Testing||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|1729508||95||Human Computer Interaction||Program Elective IV||2||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||150|
|3730005||95||Business Analytics||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||2||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730006||95||Industrial Safety||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||2||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730008||95||Cost Management of Engineering Projects||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||2||70||30||0||0||100|
|3730007||95||Operation Research||Open Elective||3||3||0||0||2||70||30||0||0||100|
|1739501||95||Artificial Intelligence for Robotics||Program Elective V||3||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||100|
|1739502||95||Cloud and Edge Computing||Program Elective V||3||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||100|
|1739503||95||Pattern Recognition||Program Elective V||3||3||0||2||4||70||30||20||30||100|
|3740001||95||Internal Review - II||Dissertation||4||0||0||4||2||0||0||100||0||100|
|3740002||95||Dissertation Phase - II||Dissertation||4||0||0||28||14||0||0||0||100||100|
Tokyo is the capital of Japan.